Right here in Edinburgh!
Here I am, in Edinburgh, using the internet kiosk at the hostel to drop a note.
It's been a terrific 2 days! Good weather (though it got abit cold at times), plus it's a beautiful city here.
First time making a solo trip. Not too bad an experience so far. Good things bout travelling alone are that you can do, eat and go whatever/wherever you want. No need to think about others. Although can get abit bored at times, especially at night. Coz when you're alone, u will make an effort to go back to the hostel earlier instead of loitering on the streets. Also, there's really nothing to do at night. The galleries / museums close at 5pm, and the shops close at 6 or 7 pm..
Today was really fruitful. I did alot of things! Went to the Edinburgh Castle and spent the whole morning there. Then went to take the city tour bus around the city and dropped off at a few places to walk walk, see see and take pictures. Oh, worst thing bout travelling alone is no one to take photo for you!! :((
Yesterday was quite funny. I was up at Carlton Hill, and spotted a good spot with a nice background and with no one else around. So I decided to zi4 pai1 (take photo of myself). But my skills really very lousy. Took 2 photos which failed terribly. Then suddenly, someone said "Excuse me, would u like me to take a photo for you?" haha.. was very paiseh.. but heck lah.. so he took a pic for me! and when I asked him if he would like a photo too (coz he's also travelling alone), he said "this background? Nah, no need". DUH lorrr!!!
Anyways, I also did alot of shopping in between the closing time of the attractions and shops.. coz the shops close later than the attractions.. And some of the shops here are cheaper than their counterparts in London..
I think one of the reason why i enjoyed myself so much is also coz of the weather. Although it was abit cold, but it was still manageable coz wearing jackets or coats can keep you warm. At least it's not hot and humid. If it's hot and humid, i'll most prob be spending half the time cursing and swearing at the hot weather coz I perspire very easily. Haha...
Okie, photos will follow upon my return to london. Not sure what my next 2 weeks at work is going to be like.... Hope it's something exciting. There is already something in plan at the moment. But not sure if it's confirmed or not. So shan't say too much now.
I'm glad I made the trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment