October 29, 2009

Why why why?

I cannot believe my luck this month! Did not go on any trips, so thought I've saved myself a small amount of £.

But misfortunes befall on me. Was locked in the toilet one monday morning, had to call for locksmith to come and save me. Cost me £109. Stoopid landlord refused to split cost with me, and my flatmate didn't wanna help me to pursue further and asked me not to pursue anymore. FINE.

The contact lens which I had been chasing the Capitol Optical at Jurong Point since I was in SG. Finally, after 1 month (!), they called me and told me the contact lens is ready for collection. but they cannot post it to me coz i need to pay for postage. WTF?! in the beginning, they said they will post it to me. now then said cannot?! the last time, Optical 88 at Jurong East posted it to me! Dear friends, please do not go to Capitol Optical at JP. They have very bad service. Anyways, my sister very kindly helped me to collect it and post it to me. Didn't know why the postage came up to S$46! kaoz... SG is really getting more and more ex.

Nevermind. But guess what's the best thing? I got a mail today "We are holding an international parcel for you at our depot. Delivery of this parcel is subject to payment of charges raised by HM Revenue & Customs. These charges are VAT - £21.33 and Clearance fee of £13.50 total of £34.83" !!

OMG! What have I done? £150 gone in a month just like that. Not to mention the very costly calls i made in london using my SG M1 number. Got my uk vodafone bill. Making a call in sg on my uk number costs so much cheaper to the equivalent length of call made in london using M1 number. WHY?!

got to scrimp next month now. :((

5 comments:

Huixian said...

eh.. Strange leh.. Then how come last time dun need pay whatever custom charges, etc etc?? Hmm..

ivikasky said...

i dunno.. but i rem the last time optical 88 person said he indicated it as "sample". what did u write when u sent for postage?

Huixian said...

er.. I wrote 'Çontact Lens'..? hmm.. ok, so next time write as sample..

purpleshadow said...

very expensive...what is ur degree?? you buy the custom made kind right??

ivikasky said...

Ya i have to make custom lenses coz > 1300 degrees each eye :(