Trip to Manchester
Over the last weekend, I visited Manchester. Hui Tze, a band friend from NTU, is on secondment to Manchester. So i went and got free lodging! hee.. and free dinner and breakfast too! Thanks hui tze!
Photos of my Manchester trip!
Well, for pple who know me well enough, will know that the highlight of the trip will definitely be a visit to the Theatre of Dreams, aka Old Trafford, aka the home to Manchester United. hee...
I was really excited when we reach Old Trafford.. the stadium is so huge.. even bigger than Emirates Stadium aka home to Arsenal. I went there during my first week in London with my Mum coz it's in London.. but there's nothing much to see except the Arsenal merchandise store. Whereas at Old Trafford, we went for a stadium and museum tour. Well, u can say that they are smarter than Arsenal in earning money.. coz the tour plus museum costs us £9.50 each!
But, it's really an experience. For countless times, i see the stadium, the tunnel which the players walk through to get to the pitch, and the seats where the home team sits at during the match.. and I can't imagine that I finally get to go there one day! And even got to go into the dressing room.. and see their bathing area.. haha.. but the bathing area was out-of-bounds, and of course, the players were not there.. hahaha.. but i was sooo excited.. Hui tze was exclaiming that we actually spent 5.5 hours at Old Trafford alone lor.. haha. from 11am to about 420pm. Amazing right?
Anyways, I like Manchester. Not because it's home to Man Utd. but i find the buildings, urban planning nice.. it's not too old like central london, and not dirty. But of course, there are dirty and old parts of Manchester too. Well, i knew because we went for a historic trail of Manchester city, and got to see some old canals and bridges etc. Really very old, like hundred years old kind. and some are like the world's oldest steel bridge or so they claim.
There's alot of shopping to do in Manchester. But too bad, we didn't have enough time.. but honestly, shopping wasn't one of my top priority anyway.. given the limited time we have, I rather we walk around Manchester and go sight-seeing. But I'm sure I will be back at Manchester. Because I am very determined to catch a match at the Theatre of Dreams during my time in London!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment