December 18, 2007

Barcelona part 3


At La Pedrera - one of the main Gaudi residential building


I really like this roof with the different chimneys and curvey designs. very abstract - totally not something that I thought would be designed by someone in the 1900s


More of the roof


All these are chimneys, built with a variety of modern shapes.


The Courtyard stairs. Some of the lower floors are occupied by offices and apartments. Only the last floor and roof are open to the public for viewing.


Another residential building designed by Gaudi - Casa Batllo.
We didn't go into this one because it was so ex - double the price of La Pedrera! But I'll definitely go when I go to Barcelona again this weekend. Coz Shuwen said this is the best!


See the glum on my face? Sigh.. the Barcelona Cathedral is also under reconstruction! So sad. No wonder I read this graffiti on one of the toilet doors at Sagrada Familia - "Everywhere in Europe is under construction. It's really hard to be a tourist these days!" Haha....


Exploring the small little streets of Barcelona - Many small cafes and shops are lined along these streets.


Pretty little flora stores along La Ramblas - I'm glad I stayed at La Ramblas. This street is so fascinating. With such little stores, and lots of very imaginative performing acts waiting to get some of your tourist monies.


Final picture at La Ramblas - Ready to leave Barcelona!

No comments: