Skiing in Andorra
I just came back today from skiing trip to Arinsal at Andorra. You may wanna ask, where is Andorra? Its a very small country located between France and Spain.
On the way to Andorra from Toulouse. Andorra is about a 4hr coach ride away from Toulouse airport where we flew in on a chartered Thomson flight.
Approaching the snowy Pyrenees mountain
Finally we arrive at Andorra.
View of the cable car station from the hotel room.
My ski gear
Taking the cable car for the first time up to the slopes!
Raring to start our first ski lesson!
Going up the chair lift to the green slope for the first time on our own!
Xmas eve party.
Posing on the top of the blue slope!
Having Christmas dinner at the hotel.
First to get to the slopes in the morning. See, no one else is there.
That's the snow cannon blowing away. Not a snow storm :)
It did snow quite heavily throughout 26 Dec, and abit in the afternoon of 27 Dec.
A short clip of my skiing skills. But looking at it, seems like I'm still doing it slightly wrongly coz my knees are still bending inwards somehow. And yes, our instructor taught us to ski without poles.
Last photo at the slope for the week.
Last photo at the cable car station before we return the ski gear to the hire shop.
At the beginning 2 days, i was totally not confident with myself. I even took up a private one-to-one lesson with my ski instructor that cost €38 per hour. And I really fell down alot of times! I learned that the trick is just go and not be scared of falling down. Haha.. learnt the tough way I'll say :)
Hopefully I can do another week of it next year in Mar / Apr. For the 2nd time, I'll sign up for the intermediate course and try to attempt new skills or go down steeper slopes!
No comments:
Post a Comment