April 26, 2009

Monte Carlo ATP Masters

It was a very busy past few weekends. Just after huixian, grace and caritta left, I flew to Nice for the Monte Carlo ATP tennis masters.

The Monte Carlo country club is such a beautiful place, just perfect for a match of tennis.


Flying over the French Riviera with the Mediterranean sea just below me.


French Alps in the background.


Confirmed this is Cap'd Antibes after checking my Google Earth. Such an amazing program...


And this is Port Vauban - A french yachting habour located in Antibes. I rem I had an instructor at KPMG who told me before that her boyfriend was going to leave England to be the captain for a super yacht moored at Antibes. Cool..


At the Monte Carlo Country Club, waiting for the first match to start.


Backdrop of the country club is the Mediterranean Sea.


Djokovic walking in for the first semi finals match.








The flags for the 4 semi-finalists.


Nadal won Murray!


Last match for the day was a doubles match involving Djokovic.


Realised how close I was? haha.. coz it was after the singles match, many pple left before this doubles match started. So i cheong down to the box seats and took a seat right there! >)


On Sun, we had some time in the morning before we head to Monte Carlo for the singles finals. So we took a short walk along the beach at Nice. Brought back nice memories of summer 2007 where I spent time here at the same beach with Aunt Nic, joanna, jason and james!








Nadal doing his favourite act :(




My favourite shot.


In the end Nadal won :( so sad for djokovic.







Next tennis match that I'm going for should be Wimbledon. Cannot go for too many tournaments.. need to save £££. But Monte Carlo is really worth it, even though Federer didn't make it through to the semis.

No comments: