March 31, 2008

Back from Italy!

Finally on Sun morning at 00.30mn, i got home from my 9 days Italy trip. Oops, or should i say 01.30am? since the clock has changed from 30 Mar onwards. Now, UK is only 7 hours behind SG instead of 8 hours :)

It was quite nice to think of coming back home to my own bed. But, what greeted us the moment we stepped off the plane was strong winds and rain. The wind was so strong that I was so scared the steps for alighting the plane will get blown away and I'll fall down the plane!

The Italy trip had been quite eventful. The worst thing which happened to me was that the night before, I took out my bag of chargers from my backpack to charge my mp3 player. Then, I forgot to put my bag of chargers back into my backpack!!! So in the end, I survived the entire trip without any chargers for my phone, camera battery and mp3 player.

I guess it's not all that bad in the end. Coz Isabelle had her phone charger, so I could borrow it. And my mp3 was also quite trusty. Managed to survive some train rides without having the battery go flat.

The worst thing which could happen on a trip is having to survive without a camera! My dearest Ixus was really good. At least my 2 batteries hung on for a total period of 7 days! Before it finally gave up. But all's not gone. I have still have my 4 great pals who will give me whatever photos with me inside ;) But just that this will take time. So I wont be able to put everything up so soon.

I think the following 5 photos generally summarises the weather we had for the trip.


Grey skies in Venice


Grey and wet Florence, although there were tiny bits of sunny spells at times.


Super duper grey Pisa - We went on Sun, and Liping and Isabelle went on Mon, and they got bright sunshine! so unfair! but i got liping's photos. Maybe post hers instead! hee..


Bright and sunny Siena - It was soo good to have the sun out in full force. You can see everyone all enjoying baking under the sun. Yours truly included :) and enjoying an ice-cream at the same time.


Bright and sunny Rome on our very last day - There were some wet spells, but not enough to ruin our Rome trip. This photo doesn't look as nice as the Siena photo because this was taken with my Nokia hp. My Ixus had alread died by then... But take a good look. No clouds at all! It was the hottest day of the whole trip on Sat.

Think the worst was Florence. Super wet, and long queues everywhere to get into the museums. We actually queued in the rain for about 1 hour to get into the Accademia to see Michelangelo's David!

No comments: