July 28, 2007

Credit card and flooding in england...

Finally I got my credit card today. after a whole 1.5 months of dilly-dallying and missing card.

For the last week and the next 2 coming up, I'll be at client's place at Hersham. I've never walked so much in my entire working life as i did for the last week! The client's office is 20min walking distance away from the train station. It's not bad if u take a walk in the morning when the weather is good. But it's certainly not fun when you have to rush for the train which comes only every 30min! Like Tues when I went to send Huishi off at Gatwick Airport, I practically ran half the way to catch the train! With my laptop in my big backpack some more.. it was certainly not fun.. :( 2 more weeks of walking like this. But I enjoy taking the train. Absolutely not crowded like the tube, and it's comfortable.

Anyway, the last week had been quite a bad one for England. So many places were flooded. Its really quite sad to know that people's homes had been destroyed, and that they are running in dangers of being infected with diseases. And, I'm actually in the same country as them now. Just that London is safe from the floods, for now maybe? And the sun is shining high up now as I'm typing away.

The other day I went to Tesco for groceries, walked past the bottled water section, and 3/4 of the section was empty. Seeing that, reminded me of the shortage of fresh water situation at the flooded towns. Maybe people had been stocking up in case the floods hit london? In the end I also picked up 2 bottles of 1.25 litres Vittel mineral water to buy and store at home just in case.

Watching Transformers later with Jianyi and Melvin. And then cooking curry at home for dinner for everyone..

2 more weeks before my flight to Lyon to meet joanna, nicole, jason and james! Yay!!!

No comments: