July 10, 2007

Sporty Sunday

Yesterday was a sporty sunday in London (UK, more specifically). There was the Tour de France, Wimbledon and F1 Grand Prix all happening at the same time.

We started with watching live action of the Tour de France from 5min where we stay at 10am. We went down at 10am to get a good place to catch the action. And after waiting for like 1 hr, finally the cyclists appeared and zoomed past us in like 2min. Gosh! I was so busy trying to take a good photograph that I did not savour the feeling of the cyclists zooming past! :( It happened so fast.

Then we went back home and followed the action from the tv. From then on, it's tv switching between Tour de France, F1 and Wimbledon! Haha.. Tour de France really feel so slow when you switch over from the vroooommm of the F1 cars. But it's really an experience.. to be able to catch the atmosphere of Tour de France and Wimbledon of course! Too bad the F1 tickets are too ex at £99, and at a super ulu and faraway place called Silverstone. Else I may have made a dash for it too! Kimi won!

Anyways.. no more sports to watch from today onwards. Back to tv.. haha.. went for training at Watford today. Super boring.... half the time I was day-dreaming (basically just stoning with a blank mind) and not absorbing anything at all! :( This is bad. I should start to pay attention from tomorrow onwards! Training ended at 415pm :) Which was good! And then I found some time to go to Rotherhithe Library to make a library card and borrow some books. Time to start doing some reading. Been spending alot of time on tv and internet.. no reading! That's bad. The library was really small. And the adult section was really small too. But it's sufficient for me alread. Quite well stocked with travel guides and fiction books by some of the familiar authors which I know. And the books are all quite new too!

Haha.. the thing I was not quite used to was that the library system is also by the date-chop system.. Not quite sure if u all still rem when was the last time u went to a library, and they have this piece of paper on the first page where the librarian will stamp the due date on the book? Ya it's like that here! And there are no book drops. So you can only return the books when the library is open, which is 4 days in a week only..

Hope I can find more time to do some reading...

No comments: