Char kway teow, hokkien mee and hor fun
Today we went to this Singapore/malaysia restaurant at Bayswater called Kiasu for dinner They sell all the local fare such as cai tow kway, char kway teow, hokkien mee etc.. imagine a plate of char kway teow costs £6 (approx. S$18!)
It is really a very Kiasu theme in the restaurant. Has got some cups on display with the Mr Kiasu man pictures, and some "kia" terms such as kia gui (scared of ghosts), kia pok kai (scared of being broke), kiasu (scared of second to none) on the wall. They had the translations on the wall too.. Hmm.. I thought kiasu is scared of losing?! haha..
We ordered ngor hiang, orh luak, char kway teow, hokkien mee and hor fun. The hor fun comes with the green chillies.. Hmm.. which occurred to me that I haven't had those green chillies in a long time. 



We were so hungry that we grabbed the ngor hiang the moment it came, and forgot to take a pic of it!
I would say the food is not too bad. My personal favourites are the hor fun (although I'm not a hor fun person) and the char kway teow. The 口感 of the hokkien mee is not bad. but the taste is still not quite the hokkien mee that we get at home.
After the dinner, we had a waffle ice-cream at Waffle Town / House or dunno what. 
Well, although the waffle looks good, i think it's one of the worst waffles that I have ever had. It's not made fresh! :( Coz it tastes hard although it's warm..
oh, was playing around with my camera and decided to take the following pic: 
Some of the collections from my travelling so far. Hope to add more to the collection :)
No comments:
Post a Comment