Lucky day!
Today had been a good day! Took the 8am train to Birmingham to watch the DFS Classics - Women's tennis.
2 of my favourite players are playing there now. Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic. It was really a wonderful experience. 
Sharapova starting her first match 
Sharapova serving
Jankovic serving
Sharapova winning her 2nd match
I thin I'm really lucky. Was initially supposed to catch only the 2 semi-finals matches today.. but ended up watching 3, 2 of which are sharapova's and 1 is jankovic! As it rained very badly on Thursday and Friday, alot of matches were postponed till today. So in a way, I was very lucky to be able to catch 3 matches.. 赚到了 haha.. Although I didn't manage to catch any semi-finals. I believe they will be played tomorrow, just before the finals.. I predict it to be a Sharapova-Jankovic final. Hope that happens! 
Sharapova signing autographs 
Jankovic signing autographs
It was today that I really understand the defnition of "crazy weather". At 10am, it was bright and sunny. At 1130, it drizzled, and play was suspended for about 30min due to the rain. Then it was bright and sunny again, although it was overcast from time to time. Then during Jankovic's match, play was suspended again due to rain. This time was very serious. waited around 1hr i think.. didn't really keep track of the time though.. see all the umbrellas below. 
The green thing on the right was the sheet to cover the grass to keep the court nice and dry. And after that, it was bright and sunny again. To the extent that I had to put my visor on!
I'm really happy today.. although this DFS classic is not a grand slam event, in fact it is quite small in scale. But nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the tennis. Oh, i even got an autograph from Maria Sharapova herself!!! 
I only realised afterwards that I was so stupid because I placed the ticket in the wrong direction for her to sign :((
Next up for me is to catch a Manchester United match, and Roger Federer and Andy Roddick live in action. Hope it will be at Wimbledon which is starting in 1 week and 2 days time!
So glad i'm here in london :)
No comments:
Post a Comment