June 22, 2007

Just dropping by

Today, or rather yesterday, 21 Jun, was the Summer solstice, whereby it is the longest day in London. a total of 17 hours of day light i think. Was so busy the last few days that I forgot about it totally. until i was reading the papers today, then realised.

It was also supposed to be 'Lights out London' in an energy-saving campaign. Supposedly many public buildings such as the Buckingham Palace, Canary Wharf and Gherkin etc will shut down all the lights from 9pm to 10pm. Actually something that I don't quite understand is that since the people here are so into energy saving, why are the skyscrapers at Canary Wharf always so brightly lid at night? To display the beautiful night view of London? Well, I don't believe that there are constantly people working in all 40 floors of the offices. Haha..

Glad it's friday again!! Next 2 weeks is going to be eventful coz it's Wimbledon! Still can't believe I'm here in London, and going to have a part in the event. hee.. Will Federer get his 5th consecutive Wimbledon title? We shall see! :)

No comments: